We have reviewed our Anti-Bullying policy in consultation with staff, pupils and parents. This is a summary of what of what you should expect from us as a result.
We will regularly promote a programme of learning across all classes which focuses on positive relationships, friendship, respect and resilience.
If your child experiences bullying behaviour at Rockfield Primary, we will:
- Listen carefully to your child’s concerns
- Investigate the indent(s) thoroughly, to determine the facts at the earliest opportunity.
If bullying behaviour is indicated, we will:
- Assure your child that we will keep them safe and make sure they have a key adult to talk to.
- Offer on-going support for your child for as long as is required.
- Use agreed restorative approaches in discussion with the child displaying bullying behaviour to highlight impact of their actions and work with the child to resolve the issue.
- Inform the parent/ carer of the incident and ask for their help in reinforcing anti-bullying messages.
- Inform class teachers and support staff so that additional supervision and monitoring can take place,
- Record the incident and actions taken as part of our electronic recording system. We can only record incidents of bullying where based on clear evidence.
- Review the effectiveness of the action taken, with your child after a week, a month, or longer, to ensure that they are no longer experiencing bullying behaviour,
If your child is involved in displaying bullying behaviour we will
- Inform you at the earliest opportunity so that we can work together to address the issue.
- Discuss with your child the intent and impact of their actions through restorative practice approaches
- Encourage them to take steps to repair damage to relationships
- If necessary, provide a sanction, which may include loss of break or privilege.